Reports/Accountable to: Lead Pastor
Roles and Responsibilities:
Works closely with the Lead Pastor and church staff to help further the mission of the Akron Church of God through community engagement via interaction with community members through the church office; creating engaging content for the church's social media presence; creating/resourcing media (video, print, images/graphics) content for Sunday morning gatherings and the church website; providing administrative support to various church staff and ministry volunteers; and other administrative duties.
- Manages the church website by creating content and keeping the site current and relevant.
- Manages church social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and other relevant platforms. When the opportunity arises, creates an engaging social media presence on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Creates content that promotes audience interactions, increases audience presence on church sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Uses time lines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction.
- Creates or sources dynamic written, graphic, and video content for use in print, website, Sunday morning worship gatherings, other church events, and social media.
- Writes and distributes electronic communication to the congregation.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to church staff and ministry volunteers.
- Various office duties such as but not limited to: getting, sorting, and dropping off the mail; ordering supplies; answering the phone; making copies; etc.
- And any other duty deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A committed Christ follower with active church involvement.
- Sensitivity and discretion to work with matters that are highly personal, and require confidentiality.
- Demonstrated skills in task-organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-initiating in tasks and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, yet function as a team player.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Some college education preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and initiative to self-train on other programs and platforms.
- Experience working in an office environment, including use of office equipment.
- Hourly wage
- Paid time off after 6 months
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Submit resume HERE.